Frigiliana is known for its cobbled streets and typical white houses of the region, as well as its rich history and beautiful natural surroundings.
Frigiliana has several fiestas and events throughout the year, including:
- Holy Week: Frigiliana celebrates Holy Week in a very traditional way, with processions and religious acts.
- The August Fair: The August Fair is one of the most important festivals in Frigiliana and is held during the first week of August. There is music, dancing, typical food and drinks, and a huge party in the main square.
- The Wine Fair: The Wine Fair is held in September and is an opportunity to taste wines from the region and enjoy music and dance.
- The White Night: The “Noche en Blanca” is a party that takes place in July and consists of a night of music and fun in the streets of Frigiliana. Attendees dress in white and enjoy a magical night in town.
Frigiliana’s gastronomy is influenced by the Andalusian culinary tradition and also by the geographical location of the town, on the Mediterranean coast. Some of the typical dishes include:
- Gazpacho: Gazpacho is a cold soup made with tomato, cucumber, onion, pepper and garlic, to which vinegar and olive oil are added. It is a very typical dish from the Andalusia region and is usually served in summer.
- Porra antequerana: Porra Antequerana is a cold soup similar to gazpacho, but with a thicker consistency due to the addition of breadcrumbs. It is also usually served in summer.
- Fried fish: the Malaga coast is known for its fresh fish and Frigiliana is no exception. Fried fish is a very typical dish of the area and can be found in many restaurants in the town.
- Spanish Tortilla: Potato omelette is a very popular dish throughout Spain and can also be found in Frigiliana. It is an omelette with fried potatoes and onion, which is usually served as a tapa or appetizer.
- Egg flan: Egg flan is a typical dessert from the Andalusia region and can be found in many restaurants in Frigiliana. It is an egg flan with a layer of caramel on top.
In general, the Frigiliana ´s gastronomy is very varied and delicious, with dishes that combine fresh ingredients and traditional flavors. If you have the opportunity to visit the town, I recommend you try some of these typical dishes.